FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the dates of the campaign?
October 24 - November 11, 2016.
During this time, the campaign/site is open to any eligible employee to make a donation to the charitable organization listed.
- Are employees required to participate in the Employee Charitable Contribution Campaign?
No. This annual charitable giving program is purely voluntary and a personal decision; however, one of our core values is to give back to local communities.
- How do I make a donation?
To get started, visit www.pledgefirst.org/LoudounCounty, and from there you will be directed to an online pledging system.
Or if you prefer, you can complete a pledge form and turn it into your department liaison.
- May I make a donation to any non-profit organization?
You can donate to ANY non-profit organization you like - if you don’t see their name listed as an option, feel free to write it in, and as long as it is a tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation or association.
- Is there a limit on how much or how little I can pledge?
No. You are encouraged to pledge any amount you wish to the charity of your choice, e.g., employees can pledge as little as $1/paycheck if so desired.
- How will I know my charity of choice received my donation?
When you make your pledge online, you have the option of “opting in” to receive an email notification from America’s Charities on how much of your donation has gone to the charity. This email is sent to you quarterly if you opt in for this service.
- If I do not feel comfortable entering my information on the web, is there another way for me to make a pledge?
Yes, you are able to make your pledge using a paper pledge form which can be downloaded from www.pledgefirst.org/LoudounCounty or contact your department liaison to obtain a form and complete the form according to the instructions. Once you have decided on your pledges, return the completed form to your department liaison as soon as you have finished.
- Who do I contact if I have a question not listed here?
If you have another question regarding your workplace giving campaign, please contact your co-chairs for this campaign Gwen Kennedy or Glen Barbour.
For questions pertaining to the online pledging system, please contact America's Charities Help Desk for assistance.
- How do I find my Employee ID number?
Can I donate by check, credit card or payroll deduction?
- If you are an iForms user your ID number will appear on your iForms user profile. From the Intranet homepage, click on the iForms tab, click on User Profile.
- If you are a non-Exempt employee your Employee ID number will also appear on your timesheet.
- If you are unable to obtain your ID from the above sources please contact your department liaison to request your ID number.
Yes. You can donate to your favorite charity or charities by check, credit card or payroll deduction via the online pledging system.
- Contributions by check must be made payable to "America’s Charities Fiscal Agent.” In the event of multiple charities, please make out one single check for your total combined pledges. All checks must be accompanied by a pledge form (or a receipt from the online pledging tool) and given to your department liaison by November 11, 2016.
- Online pledges will automatically start with the first pay period in 2017. One time contributions by check or credit card will be processed this year and considered a 2016 donation.
- Contributions by credit card are subject to a fee of 3.5% for this transaction which will be deducted from your gift.